wine,amateur wine enthusiast,red wine,white wine,rose wine,jack shiraz, wine blog, london wine, seattle wine, french wine,new world wine

Friday, April 07, 2006

Chateau Blaignan 2000

It's friday and I'm drinking Château de Blaignan 2000, Médoc from Majestic (£7.49). Described by Majestic as "A softly fruity, easy-drinking wine, with ripe berry fruit, smooth tannins and a juicy finish. A user-friendly claret with plenty of charm." As with most wines I've had from Majestic I'm slightly disappointed (apart from the ever excellent Chateau de Sours). It smells better than it tastes. You open the bottle, pour yourself that little taster, take a good nose full, ah this is going to be a good one. You take a sip and it huge disappointments all round. Thirty minutes of allowing it to breath doesn't make much difference. I'm waiting to find that truly good every day wine from Majestic, like bottles I've found from other wine dealers (Corney & Barrow) for one. Again, I wait with anticipation for the Washington wines from Noel Young wines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home